Saturday, September 29, 2012

diy Camera Strap

I have two camera straps that are both not the softest things in the world and since I'm close to going to Universal Studios I decided it was time to make a better one. I played with lots of ideas. Making a small pillow and attaching it. Making one from scratch with cushion. But my friend, Maddie, had the best idea by far. Turn a tie into a camera strap and in the process destroy one of my other ones. So here is how I did it.

Materials:

  • Tie
  • Old camera strap
  • Sewing Machine


STEP ONE:

Cut out the pieces of the old strap (the two hooks and the belt loop)


STEP TWO:

First put the small end of the tie into one of the hooks and sew it together.

I wrapped it around twice so that it wouldn't wiggle around and it ended up looking really cute and like it was a tied tie.

And how I sewed it together.


STEP THREE:

Now place the big part of the tie through the belt loop and through the other hook.



STEP FOUR:

Now with the big pointy end of the tie push it through the center ring of the belt loop so it looks like this. And sew it.



STEP FIVE:

Go take lots of pictures comfortably!!

No comments:

Post a Comment