Wednesday, October 3, 2012

DSLR Camera Tutorial (ISO)

Today we will be talking about ISO which is the camera's sensitivity to light. A high ISO means lots of light coming into the camera and a low ISO means very little. For example when I'm taking pictures outside I use an ISO usually of 400. I do this because I know when I use film 400 is a good speed of film to have. The same is for a digital you just get a whole lot more range more easily. If I'm taking a picture where I want the background to be totally black but the subjects to be showing I'll use a ISO of 3200 or so. You really just have to play around with it and see how it works with different settings but once you master when and how to use the ISO properly your pictures will be amazing after all the other things you've learned from these tutorials.

Homework:
Play around with all the ISO measurements and take 5 pictures that you feel are good with each one.

Next Week:
Learning how to use the exposure triangle together. (Shutter Speed, ISO, and Aperture)

Last Weeks Homework (Aperture):














No comments:

Post a Comment